Saturday 31 March 2012

Pinterest Traffic Tip: Forget SEO, Learn PIO

SEO never worked for me, that I could really tell. Maybe I just wasn’t smart enough to figure it out. Or maybe I was in too competitive a market niche and there was no frikkin way I was going to break into the first page. Or maybe my brain is not wired to understand computer algorithm voodoo. SEO is hard enough to crack a tooth on. I’m giving up on all that. It’s time to learn a new skill:

Pinnable Image Optimization
pinterest DEALS
Yep, making sure when people use the Pinterest bookmarklet tool, that they have an experience with my site that is:

1. Branded


2. Visually stunning


3. Uniquely “Me”

And the best part…

It’s all verifiable ahead of time. I just use the bookmarklet tool (Pin It Button) myself & ensure total awesomeness.



2 comments:

  1. I've used pinterest to optimize my site and the result was amazing my site was jumped from #234 to #9 in few weeks time.

    The trick is we must got our website pinned and repinned by many people this is the hardest part. Most of pinterest users won't doing repin when they aren't like what we pinned.

    I do simple thing to outsource it on fiverr and got my site pinned by more than 70 people, I don't know how can he did it just search by typing pinterest on fiverr and you will find it.

    As I know currently pinterest is best for SEO for these reason:
    1. Once our website pinned it has 3 backlinks counts
    2. Google interest in social media signal so it will not tagged as links farm
    3. Currently pinterest links are dofollow even the image
    4. Also support anchor text, it's perfect for placing our keywords
    5. The President now pinning on Pinterest lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, thanks for taking the time to share this, I wasn't aware of the SEO implications until you shared this. How did you find out that 1pin = 3 backlinks? Also, #5 = :-)

      Delete